Monday, October 22, 2012

MEN OH MAN


Daikokuya might have some competition. Last week, a few friends and I went on a foodie tour of Little Tokyo, and our first stop? A brand new ramen shop: Men Oh. (So yes, more posts to come! I promise!)


After eating here, I'm a fan of no choice. Why do we ever get choices? (Oh right, freedom and liberty and independence... That's definitely the side I'm on.) 

But food-wise, ramen-wise, Daikokuya and Men Oh have the right idea -- what's on the menu is what you get. No extra garlic, no extra green onions, no this or that. Our only debate literally was curly or straight noodles, and even then, it was more because we had no idea what they meant.

Needless to say, we all ended up with the Tokushima Ramen. We wanted to taste the real deal (especially since our group of eight was not getting into Daikokuya anytime soon), and oh boy, Men Oh delivered. Literally, the bowls were delivered, and all of us were silent, slurping away, savoring our bowls of ramen.

Without dropping any chili oil or pepper or anything, I found the broth to be perfectly porky with just a hint of soy sauce. Super de duper flavorful, rich and savory. Add in the pork belly and the perfectly runny egg, and I was sold.

Basically, this definitely warrants another taste of Daikokuya, so I can really decide who has the better ramen. (But for now, I'd say Men Oh... Especially since there was virtually no line at this spot, tucked away in the Honda Plaza.)

Men Oh Tokushima Ramen
456 E 2nd St
Los Angeles, CA 90012

(213) 687 - 8485

No comments:

Post a Comment