Pardon the poor quality of the photo. I got home late last night, after being stuck in traffic to and from Woodland Hills. Sometimes it sucks living on the Westside.
But last night turned into a thing of beauty, as my dinner alone turned into a group of four, sharing a beautiful pot of spaghetti and meatballs. It was easy. All the meatball recipes, perfect pasta tips, and so on in my brain just melded together, and dinner - wonderfully chewy spaghetti and the tenderest of meatballs - came together with no recipe.
So instead of an actual recipe, today's post consists of links to other recipes and the whisper of encouragement for you to just let go.
- Pasta tips:
- The water that the pasta will cook in needs to be as salty as the sea.
- When the pasta is a minute away from being totally perfect (aka al dente), drain it and then poor it in with the marinara sauce, then let it simmer its way to perfection.
- Want to make your own? Here.
- Marinara recipes:
- Trader Joe's, your bounty of marinara sauces never ceases to amaze me. (Yes, I cheated.)
- But here, a roasted tomato marinara sauce, and a "regular" marinara sauce.
- Meatball recipes:
- Fish sauce (just a smidge, though) really accentuates the flavor of the meat. (White on Rice taught me that trick!)
- Cheese, as well as ground pork, helps lighten the heaviness of ground beef and makes meatballs super tender. (Last night's balls had a combination of mozzarella and parmesan.)
- No Recipes' spaghetti + meatballs recipe? The love of my live... Next to E.
Now, go! Cook.