Monday, November 5, 2012

MONDAYS, BLEGH

Going to need some coffee tonight, since my accounting test will prolly start around 7:30 p.m., after I've been up since 5 a.m. (thanks, weird daylight savings time) and probably after my professor bores - I mean, regales - us with more stories of accounting. 

Clearly, I should fly back to San Francisco to pick up a cup of coffee from Blue Bottle Coffee... But since that's not possible, a return back through pictures. Speaking of which, I took ZERO photos of people on my trip the other weekend. Apparently, my trip could be visualized in food.

The rec came from a friend. She had a list of things to do, and I didn't do them. (Sorry, girlie!) Except for this. Thank goodness I listened.

We had actually seen a stand at Ferry Plaza, but the line there had been ginormous, so we settled for snacking on fruits and things there. Blue Bottle instead of a first stop became a second-to-last stop. We needed a break after our 10-mile stomp of San Francisco, and before our dinner at TropisueƱo (which was delicious and awesome but too dark for photos).

The line wasn't much different at Blue Bottle in Mint Plaza. It felt like the line at a Starbucks at 7 a.m.

Thankfully, there were trinkets and things to look at. The people were also interesting, but I'm shy with my camera. I need to learn how to stalk because there was a barista with a wonderful mustache, several very hipster-bordering-on-homeless-people and some people dressed fancy-fancy (apparently for a wedding, because while my camera can't stalk, my ears can eavesdrop). 

Speaking of which, how did the hipster burn his tongue? He sipped his coffee before it was cool!

Okay, back to the coffee, because once I ordered (a lemonade for my friend, and a New Orleans style iced coffee for me), the coffee was out, instantly, poof!


Now what exactly is New Orleans style iced coffee? The barista explained that it was a darker roast, brewed with chicory, and sweetened just slightly... And after explaining this, he asked me what kind of milk I take with it.

MILK?! I drink my coffee straight up black, with maybe a touch of honey if it's too, too dark. Obviously, I turned down the milk, but boy, this barista was insistent. A bit of poking and prodding later, I sipped the coffee black, and while I liked it, there was a bit of bitterness that I wasn't too fond of. Darn mustached barista, you were right.

And he poured in that little swirl of whole milk that made the New Orleans iced coffee the perfect way to watch the sunset in San Francisco.

Blue Bottle Coffee Company
66 Mint St.
San Francisco, CA 94103
(415) 495-3394

No comments:

Post a Comment