[ caribbean chocolate macaroon from pasadena's lette ]
- Happy, happy tax day! Not...
- But thankfully, I'm worth nothing in the eyes of the government!
- Taxes filed easily and early, equally worthless friends and I spend the day before taxes are due in lovely Pasadena and enjoy foods from Bird Pick, Aux Delices, Cheesecake Factory, and Lette.
- Yes, I sometimes eat at everyday chain, suburban restaurants like Cheesecake Factory, especially when the view is gorgeous.
- We also do some shopping, and apartment-mate and I score a Rabbit wine toolkit (includes waiter's corkscrew, pourer/stopper and wine/champagne sealer) at Sur La Table for $8. Win!
- The inaugural use of this toolkit? To seal a bottle of $2 chardonnay from Whole Foods that had previously been sealed with plastic wrap. Classy, right?
- But there is a bottle of cabernet sauvignon from Bonterra Vineyards in our kitchen, and lots of goodies from the Brentwood Farmer's Market, like mozzarella balls and heirloom tomatoes and heirloom carrots. Clearly, a dinner party is in order.
- We've got a lot to celebrate... like taxes!... and the job that I start tomorrow!
- Oh my gosh, a job... nine-to-five! Excited but terrified about becoming a full-fledged adult...
- Gosh, being 21 has been all about growing up.
- Aka growing pains... A lot, a lot of growing pains.
- But eventually comes love and peace and happiness -- aka chocolate, raspberry and coffee macaroons. Yum.
- Er, not macaroons... But friends and families! Yes, families... Family family, Bruin family and work family...
- Aka the people who spend all night in the rain with you to score amazing seats to Spring Sing 2012.
Your turn. How was your week(end)? Hopefully, it was just as lovely as mine.