Sunday, February 12, 2012

WEEKEND NOTES


Guess where I was? Washington, D.C.

Somehow I missed their awesome brunch specials, but that's okay. I got to try some of their cupcakes! You know, like Georgetown Cupcake, the place behind TLC's DC Cupcakes? Seriously, get excited.

But I am definitely still catching up on school and work. Yup, that's what a weekend trip does to a college student in the throes of midterms. So while I put together some posts, why don't you check out what's been on my mind?

  • Looks like I'm not the only person eating about DC. Everybody Eats DC? What a cool idea to promote food security in the community.
  • Totally reminded me of what Panera Bread is trying to do with its Saint Louis Bread Company Cares Cafe. What would you do if you were faced with a donation box and not a cashier?
  • Oh, and so long as we're talking about food security - let's consider making healthy food more accessible too. Love that Michelle Obama supported local grocers.
  • The First Lady's also been dominating comedians. First Ellen, then Jimmy Fallon.
  • And as long as we're talking about moving, I got very, very close to accomplish a foodie resolution! Right before jetting off to D.C., I ran most of my campus's perimeter. This week, the goal is to run it - all of it.
  • That way, E. and I can pig out at one of these foodie places for Valentine's Day.

Enjoy the links! Have a lovely weekend!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment