You know what? I made fudge again, and again I forgot to take pics.
But hey, today, you get a lovely illustration of fudge (inspired by Erin Jang) AND the crappy photos AND the recipe.
- 16 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tbs. unsalted butter
- 14 oz. condensed milk
- 1 c. walnuts
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Line a 9" x 13" pan with parchment paper. (Some people say to butter it, but I found it unnecessary both times I made this recipe.)
- Toast the walnuts, approximately 8 minutes. Let them cool. Then smash them into bitesize pieces.
- Now gently heat the chocolate, butter and condensed milk in a metal bowl on top of a pot of barely simmering water. (In other words, a double boiler.) Stir every so often, until smooth.
- Once the chocolate mixture is smooth, add walnuts and vanilla. Stir to incorporate.
- Pour into prepared pan, and place pan in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Do not cover.
- Once firm, cut into 1" squares (or bigger, if you'd like).
(Also, our political party last night? Just a little lame, as MSNBC had announced the winners of the primary by about 5pm PST, and CNN, Fox, and company were all quick to announce soon after.)
Sources of inspiration: