[ photo by Evan, editing by me ]
How was everyone's weekend?
Sure, I curled up with Tina Fey's Bossypants for part of it. (Yes, Max, if you're reading this, I stole your autographed copy of her book and read it in less than 24 hours.) But oh, the sunshine called to me, and I found myself on a quick little stroll through Malibu.
Perfect weekend, especially with these foodie finds:
- 800° opened in Westwood this past week to good reviews.
- And pretty soon there will be a Five Guys near it! Love that my college campus is getting some life in it (just as I'm about to leave it).
- If you think that I'm eating out too much, I might give this veggie pho recipe a try. (Yes, it's blasphemy to my Vietnamese side, but my mom's never coughing up her pho recipe, so I gotta start somewhere else.)
- I'm also making Asian lettuce wraps for tomorrow's New Hampshire primary. Am I secretly supporting Huntsman? Yes.
- Oh, and as long as we've hit on my foodie and my politico sides, let's not forget my arty side. Erin Jang started a food sketch project for 2012. So, so pretty!